Friday, January 1, 2016

Caroline's Zucchini Soup

CAROLINE'S ZUCCHINI SOUP

When I was in college, in New York City, my great-aunt Caroline often invited me to lunch at her elegant apartment on Central Park South. She became my family-away-from-family, and she was also my stylish, classy, sophisticated, yet down-to-earth favorite aunt. 

Even just for lunch with her college-student niece, she set a classic table, with good china, flatware, and cloth napkins. But she was also pragmatic, so her recipes were both delicious and simple to prepare. She was more interested in the conversation than in the cooking.




Here's my version of her recipe for Zucchini Soup. It can be served hot or cold. 

INGREDIENTS:
zucchini, onion, olive oil, spices

INSTANT DOWNLOAD RECIPE:
Caroline's Zucchini Soup

TIP: Perhaps the most delicious part of the eating is sopping up the remaining soup from the interior of the bowl with a corner of whole grain bread. Something special happens when the soup meats the grain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment