Whenever possible, I prefer to use foods to stay healthy.
In addition to containing healthy ingredients, they need to taste good. My favorite basic veggie juice tastes light and happy. Enjoy!
LIGHT & TASTY GREEN JUICE
- 2-3 large leaves of kale
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3" to 4" of cucumber
- spritz of cayenne powder (optional)
- small apple, sliced
- (3) 1/8" slices of ginger root
(You can always add or substitute other fresh fruits or vegetables. Just be aware of the sugar content. For instance, carrots, beets, and fruits are high in sugar. Try to keep the juice mostly veggie.)
- Put all into blender. Add water about 1/2-way up.
- Grate. Then blend on high.
- Pour through strainer into a pot. Use a bowl to push maximum juice through the strainer.
- Compost or dump the scraps.